The Preparatory Materials contain self-study learning materials in the form of selected readings, recommended textbooks, reference materials, as well as websites links to help Flexible Entry candidates prepare themselves prior to undertaking the Flexible Entry Assessments.
The learning materials can be downloaded for FREE from the CAPL website.
Entrance Test :
- Undergraduate Programmes
- For ALL Undergraduate Programmes eligible through flexible entry (EXCEPT BIS), candidates must sit for an Entrance Test that comprise of English Language and Mathematics
- Postgraduate Programmes
Preparatory materials for postgraduate programmes differ according the programme of application.
Click on the relevant programme to obtain the learning materials
- Master of Business Administration
Aptitude Test : Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes
- Persistence Test
To prepare for the persistence test, identify what are factors that will hinder you from continuing your studies. Next, strategise ways to overcome these existing and/or potential obstacles. Finally, take action to resolve them immediately.
- Essay Writing Test
For the essay writing test, understand the visual provided and try to outline your ideas. Write every point in a new paragraph. Ensure that your ideas are relevant and written with complete sentences that communicate the intended meaning. Your writing must have an appropriate flow, and be free from spelling errors.
- Interview Session:
For the interview session, ensure that your dressing is presentable. Listen to the questions carefully and respond to it appropriately and specifically. Speak clearly and ensure that your voice is loud enough to be heard by the interviewer. Here are some popular questions often asked during interviews:
- Tell us about yourself.
- Name three words or phrases to describe yourself to others.
- Discuss your career progression.
- Talk about experiences you have had at work.
- Why are you interested in this programme? Why now?
- How is your work relevant to this programme?
- Describe your career aspirations
- Is there anything you would like to ask me/us?